Thursday, June 18, 2026

GUARD YOUR LABOUR AND PRESERVE YOUR ETERNAL REWARD

THE WORDS OF TRUTH
DAILY DEVOTIONAL
June 18th, 2026

𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼:
GUARD YOUR LABOUR AND PRESERVE YOUR ETERNAL REWARD

ANCHOR SCRIPTURE: 

"Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward." - 2 John 1:8 (KJV)

KEY VERSE

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." - Galatians 6:9 (KJV)

DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE

Life is filled with seasons of labour, sacrifice, faithfulness, and commitment. Many people spend years building their spiritual lives, families, careers, ministries, relationships, and destinies. However, the Word of God warns us that it is possible to lose the reward of our labour if we fail to guard what we have built.

The message of 2 John 1:8 is a divine warning to believers: “Look to yourselves.” This means examine your life, protect your faith, watch your spiritual condition, and remain faithful. The enemy does not always attack what is beginning; sometimes he targets what has already been built.

A person can lose the benefit of years of prayer through carelessness. Someone can lose the reward of years of service through pride, bitterness, disobedience, compromise, or abandoning the truth.

Our salvation, faith, integrity, good works, spiritual growth, and obedience must be carefully preserved. The race is not only about starting well; it is about finishing well.

The Apostle Paul declared:

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." — 2 Timothy 4:7

The goal of every believer should be to complete the journey with a full reward. Heaven is not only looking at what we started; it is also looking at how faithfully we finish.

BIBLICAL OBJECTIVES

  1. To remain faithful until the end

    • Matthew 24:13

  2. To protect our salvation and spiritual inheritance

    • Philippians 2:12

  3. To avoid losing our reward through carelessness

    • 2 John 1:8

  4. To continue in obedience to God’s Word

    • John 14:15

  5. To preserve our faith during trials

    • James 1:12

  6. To finish our divine assignment

    • Acts 20:24

  7. To walk in holiness and righteousness

    • Hebrews 12:14

  8. To guard our hearts from deception

    • Proverbs 4:23

  9. To maintain spiritual discipline

    • 1 Corinthians 9:27

  10. To receive the fullness of God’s reward

    • Revelation 22:12

BIBLICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THOSE WHO WILL NOT LOSE THEIR REWARD

1. Faithfulness

They remain committed despite challenges.

  • Revelation 2:10

2. Humility

They do not allow success to produce pride.

  • Proverbs 16:18

3. Obedience

They follow God’s instructions.

  • Deuteronomy 28:1

4. Endurance

They continue until completion.

  • Hebrews 10:36

5. Watchfulness

They remain spiritually alert.

  • Matthew 26:41

6. Love for God

Their service is motivated by devotion.

  • John 14:21

7. Integrity

They maintain righteousness privately and publicly.

  • Psalm 15:1-2

8. Repentant Heart

They quickly return to God when they fall.

  • 1 John 1:9

9. Spiritual Growth

They keep increasing in grace.

  • 2 Peter 3:18

10. Perseverance

They refuse to abandon their calling.

  • Romans 5:3-4

ILLUSTRATIONS

1. THE FARMER WHO ABANDONED HIS HARVEST

A farmer planted seeds, watered them, removed weeds, and patiently waited. When the harvest was almost ready, he became tired and stopped caring for the farm. Weeds took over and destroyed the expected harvest.

Lesson

Starting the work is important, but maintaining it is what preserves the reward. Spiritual growth requires continuous care.

2. THE BUILDER WHO NEGLECTED THE FOUNDATION

A builder constructed a beautiful house but ignored cracks appearing in the foundation. Over time, the building became unsafe.

Lesson

Small compromises can damage great achievements. We must guard the foundation of our faith.

CALL TO REPENTANCE

Dear Lord, I come before You today acknowledging that I have not always guarded the things You entrusted to me. Forgive me for every moment of carelessness, disobedience, spiritual weakness, and compromise. Restore my passion for Your Word and renew my commitment to walk faithfully with You.

DEEP REPENTANCE

Father, I repent for every attitude, action, and decision that has reduced my spiritual effectiveness. I repent for allowing distractions to replace devotion, for neglecting prayer, for ignoring Your instructions, and for every opportunity I wasted.

Lord, cleanse my heart from pride, bitterness, unforgiveness, and anything that can make me lose the reward You prepared for me.

PRAYER OF REPENTANCE

Heavenly Father, I surrender my life completely to You. Wash me clean and restore my fellowship with You. Help me to value eternal things above temporary pleasures. Let my labour before You never become wasted. Give me grace to finish my race faithfully, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

REFLECTION SCRIPTURES

1. 2 John 1:8

Summary: Guard yourself so you receive a full reward.

2. Matthew 24:13

Summary: Those who endure to the end will be saved.

3. Revelation 2:10

Summary: Faithfulness receives the crown of life.

4. Galatians 6:9

Summary: Persistent goodness brings harvest.

5. 1 Corinthians 15:58

Summary: Labour in the Lord is never useless.

6. Philippians 3:14

Summary: Press toward the heavenly prize.

7. Hebrews 10:35

Summary: Do not throw away your confidence.

8. Colossians 3:23-24

Summary: God rewards faithful service.

9. James 1:12

Summary: Endurance produces eternal reward.

10. 2 Timothy 4:7-8

Summary: Finishing well brings a crown of righteousness.

HYMN

A Charge to Keep I Have
Charles Wesley (1762)

Theme: Faithfulness, responsibility, and completing God’s assignment.

Lesson: Every believer has a divine responsibility to preserve their spiritual commitment and finish their journey faithfully.

A charge to keep I have,
a God to glorify,
a never-dying soul to save,
and fit it for the sky.

TODAY’S CHALLENGE

Today, examine your life and identify anything that is threatening your spiritual progress.

Ask yourself:

  • Am I still committed to God as I was before?
  • Have distractions replaced my devotion?
  • Am I protecting what God has given me?
  • Am I preparing for eternal reward?

Make one deliberate decision today to strengthen your walk with God.

DEEP REFLECTION

A person can spend years building a testimony but lose its impact through one careless decision. The greatest victory is not only achieving success but preserving it.

Your prayer life, faith, character, family, calling, and relationship with God are treasures. Guard them carefully.

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

You have not come this far by accident. Every prayer, sacrifice, obedience, and act of faithfulness before God is remembered.

Do not allow temporary struggles to destroy eternal rewards. Keep standing, keep believing, keep serving, and keep following Christ.

God is able to help you finish stronger than you started.

ETERNITY IN VIEW

Earthly achievements are temporary, but eternal rewards last forever.

One day every believer will stand before God. The greatest joy will be hearing:

"Well done, thou good and faithful servant." — Matthew 25:21

Live today with eternity as your focus.

CLOSING DECLARATION

I declare that my labour in the Lord shall not be wasted. I will not lose the blessings, victories, and spiritual treasures God has prepared for me. I receive grace to remain faithful, obedient, and steadfast until the end. My journey shall end in victory, and I shall receive my full reward, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

PRAYER POINTS

  1. Father, give me grace to guard my salvation and spiritual inheritance, in the name of Jesus.

  2. Every power assigned to make me lose my reward, I overcome you by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.

  3. Lord, restore every area of my life where I have become weak or careless, in the name of Jesus.

  4. Father, help me to finish every assignment You have given me, in the name of Jesus.

  5. Every distraction pulling me away from my divine purpose, be removed from my life, in the name of Jesus.

  6. Lord, renew my hunger for Your Word and prayer, in the name of Jesus.

  7. I receive strength to endure every trial until my victory appears, in the name of Jesus.

  8. My spiritual labour shall produce lasting fruits, in the name of Jesus.

  9. I will not exchange eternal rewards for temporary pleasures, in the name of Jesus.

  10. Father, let my life end with a testimony of faithfulness and a full reward, in the name of Jesus.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION

I prophesy over your life: you will not labour in vain. The enemy will not steal your testimony, your faith, your family, your purpose, or your eternal reward.

Every good seed you have planted shall bring forth harvest. You shall finish your race with strength, honour, and victory.

Your latter days shall be greater than your former days, in the name of Jesus.

WORDS OF TRUTH

Guard what God has given you.
Protect what you have built.
Remain faithful in the journey.
Your reward is too precious to lose.

"Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward." — 2 John 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

JOY AND FAITH IN THE MIDST OF TRIALS

THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL September 22nd, 2026 𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼 : JOY AND FAITH IN THE MIDST OF TRIALS ANCHOR SCRIPTURE “Wherein ye g...