Tuesday, September 9, 2025

IF WE SAY THAT WE HAVE NO SIN!

THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL 

September 9th, 2025

𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼:
IF WE SAY THAT WE HAVE NO SIN!


KEY VERSE

“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.”1 John 1:8 (KJV)


DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE

Sin is the universal problem of humanity.

From Adam’s fall to our daily struggles, sin separates us from God.

Denying our sinfulness blinds us to the truth and shuts the door to God’s mercy.

But the good news is this:

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).

Acknowledging our sin is not a sign of weakness but of humility and honesty before God.

It is the doorway to cleansing, restoration, and transformation through the blood of Jesus Christ.


CHARACTERISTICS OF SIN

  1. Universal – “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
  2. Deceptive – “But exhort one another daily… lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.” (Hebrews 3:13)
  3. Separating – “Your iniquities have separated between you and your God.” (Isaiah 59:2)
  4. Deadly – “For the wages of sin is death.” (Romans 6:23a)
  5. Forgivable through Christ – “In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins.” (Ephesians 1:7)
  6. Confessible – “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.” (Proverbs 28:13)
  7. Cleansed by the Blood – “The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7)


ILLUSTRATIONS

1. The Stained Garment

A young boy wore a white shirt to a feast but accidentally spilled oil on it. Embarrassed, he tried to rub it clean with water, but the stain spread.

Only when he gave it to his mother, who used proper soap, was the shirt restored.

Lesson: Our efforts cannot cleanse sin.

Only the blood of Jesus removes the deepest stains.


2. The Broken Mirror

A man looked into a cracked mirror and thought his face was disfigured. The problem wasn’t his face but the mirror.

Sin is like a broken mirror, it distorts how we see ourselves and God. Only when Christ restores us can we see clearly.

Lesson: Sin distorts truth, but confession and cleansing bring clarity and peace.


CALL TO REPENTANCE

Beloved, are you pretending before God and men, claiming to be righteous while hiding sin in your heart?

Confession is not shame, it is freedom.

Today, open your heart to Jesus, confess your sins, and let His blood wash you clean.


PRAYER OF REPENTANCE

Lord Jesus,

I acknowledge my sins before You. 

I have fallen short of Your glory in thoughts, words, and deeds. 

Forgive me, Lord, and cleanse me with Your precious blood. 

Restore me to fellowship with You. 

Give me the strength to forsake sin and walk in Your truth.

In Your name, I pray, Amen.


REFLECTION SCRIPTURES 

  • Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
  • Ecclesiastes 7:20 – There is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
  • Isaiah 53:6 – All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
  • Psalm 51:5 – Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
  • Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
  • 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
  • Hebrews 9:14 – How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?


HYMN

Just As I Am, Without One Plea
~ Charlotte Elliott (1835)

1. Just as I am, without one plea,
but that thy blood was shed for me,
and that thou bidd'st me come to thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

2. Just as I am, and waiting not
to rid my soul of one dark blot,
to thee, whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

3. Just as I am, though tossed about
with many a conflict, many a doubt,
fightings and fears within, without,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

4. Just as I am, thou wilt receive,
wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
because thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.


TODAY’S CHALLENGE 

Spend quiet time in prayer today.

Ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart and reveal hidden sins.

Write them down privately and bring them before God in confession.

Burn or tear the list afterward as a symbol of forgiveness.


DEEP REFLECTION

The danger of denying sin is self-deception, but the beauty of confession is divine forgiveness.

The blood of Jesus is sufficient for all sin, no matter how deep.

The question is not whether you are a sinner, the question is, will you confess and receive cleansing?


CLOSING DECLARATION

I confess my sins and receive the cleansing power of the blood of Jesus.

I am forgiven, I am restored, and I will walk in the truth of God’s Word.

No sin has power over me, for I belong to Christ.

Amen.


PRAYER POINTS

  1. Lord, thank You for the gift of forgiveness through Jesus Christ. In the name of Jesus.

  2. Father, open my eyes to see my sins and not deceive myself. In the name of Jesus.

  3. Wash me clean with the blood of Jesus from every stain of sin. In the name of Jesus.

  4. Deliver me from hidden sins and secret faults. In the name of Jesus.

  5. Lord, give me a humble heart to confess and forsake sin. In the name of Jesus.

  6. Break every chain of guilt and condemnation in my life. In the name of Jesus.

  7. Empower me to walk in holiness and truth daily. In the name of Jesus.

  8. Restore my fellowship and joy in Your presence. In the name of Jesus.

  9. Let the blood of Jesus speak mercy and cleansing over my household. In the name of Jesus.

  10. Father, keep me standing in righteousness until the end. In the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JOY AND FAITH IN THE MIDST OF TRIALS

THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL September 22nd, 2026 𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼 : JOY AND FAITH IN THE MIDST OF TRIALS ANCHOR SCRIPTURE “Wherein ye g...