Friday, August 1, 2025

VICTORY OVER THE FLESH!

DEVOTIONAL TITLE: VICTORY OVER THE FLESH!

A powerful reminder of the believer’s struggle and triumph in Christ.


KEY VERSE:

“Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.”
Galatians 5:16 (NKJV)


DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE:

There is a war within, not against people, but against the flesh, the sinful nature that resists the will of God.

There’s a war inside every believer, a conflict between the flesh and the Spirit.

The flesh desires comfort, sin, pride, lust, and rebellion.

The Spirit longs for holiness, obedience, humility, and truth.

The flesh craves what pleases the self, not the Spirit. It whispers, “Just this once,” or “God will understand,” but its end is destruction.

Victory over the flesh is not by willpower, but by surrendering daily to the Spirit.

The flesh is loud, impulsive, and hungry

The Spirit is gentle, convicting, and holy

To overcome, we must daily crucify the flesh and walk in step with the Spirit.

God never called us to manage the flesh.

He called us to crucify it.

“Those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.” — Galatians 5:24


ILLUSTRATIONS:

The Two Dogs Within

A Native American elder once told his grandson, “Inside me, there are two dogs fighting.

One is evil, full of anger, lust, pride, and lies.

The other is good, full of peace, love, and truth.”

The boy asked, “Which dog wins?

The elder replied, The one I feed.”

The same is true for us. If we keep feeding the flesh through lust, laziness, gossip, or pride, it will rule.

But if we feed the Spirit through prayer, the Word, and obedience, we will overcome.


Esau’s Craving (Genesis 25:29–34)

Esau sold his birthright, his future, his identity, his inheritance, for a moment of fleshly satisfaction.

One bowl of stew. That’s all it took.

Why? Because he allowed his hunger to rule over his spirit.

Many today are still trading eternal glory for temporary satisfaction.
But every craving that’s outside of God’s will leads to regret and bondage.


CALL TO REPENTANCE:

Are you living to satisfy the flesh or to glorify God?

The flesh may offer momentary pleasure, but always leads to shame, regret, and separation from God.

“For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.”Romans 8:6

Jesus nailed the power of the flesh to the Cross. But we must daily deny ourselves and follow Him.


PRAYER OF REPENTANCE:

Father,

I confess that I have fed the desires of my flesh more than I’ve followed Your Spirit.

I’ve let sin sit too long in my life.

Forgive me, cleanse me, and fill me with Your Spirit.

I crucify the works of the flesh, pride, lust, bitterness, envy and I receive the power to walk in victory.

Help me live a Spirit-led life.

In Jesus’ nameAmen.


REFLECTION SCRIPTURES:

  • Romans 8:13 – “If you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.”

  • Galatians 5:24 – “Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.”

  • 1 Corinthians 9:27 – “I discipline my body and bring it into subjection…”

  • Romans 13:14 – “Make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.”

  • Galatians 5:19–25 – Works of the flesh vs. fruit of the Spirit.

  • Romans 6:12–14 – “Do not let sin reign in your mortal body…”


TODAY’S CHALLENGE:

  • Fast from anything that strengthens the flesh: social media, worldly music, toxic conversations.

  • Fast for a few hours or skip a meal and during that time, feed your spirit with worship and Scripture.

  • Identify one flesh-driven habit and ask the Holy Spirit for grace to overcome it.

  • Spend 15 minutes in the Word and prayer, asking the Holy Spirit to lead every thought and decision.

  • Commit to 7 days of “walking in the Spirit” through intentional spiritual disciplines.

  • Confess any stronghold that needs to be broken.


CLOSING DECLARATION:

I have victory over the flesh. 

I am led by the Spirit.

I am crucified with Christ. 

The flesh has no dominion over me. 

I will not return to bondage, for Christ has made me free

I walk in the Spirit, and I live for God!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOUR ETERNAL INHERITANCE IN CHRIST

THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL September 14th, 2026 𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼 : YOUR ETERNAL INHERITANCE IN CHRIST ANCHOR SCRIPTURE “To an inherita...