Thursday, August 21, 2025

WHEN THE ROLL IS CALLED UP YONDER!

THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL

August 21st, 2025

𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼:
WHEN THE ROLL IS CALLED UP YONDER!


KEY VERSE

“And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”Revelation 20:15 (KJV)


DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE

One day, the trumpet will sound, and time will be no more.

The books will be opened, and the roll will be called in eternity.

On that day, wealth, titles, and earthly achievements will not matter.

Only one thing will count:

Is your name written in the Lamb’s Book of Life?

Living with eternity in mind keeps us alert, holy, and faithful.

Life is a vapor (James 4:14), here today and gone tomorrow.

The question is not if the roll will be called, but whether we will answer, present and accepted before the throne of God.


ILLUSTRATION 

In a small village, a teacher called the roll every morning in class.

Children eagerly answered

Present, Ma!

But one day, a child who had fallen ill the night before could not respond. The silence broke the teacher’s heart.

Beloved, a greater roll call awaits.

When your name is called in eternity, will heaven echo with “Present!” because you are safe in Christ, or will silence fall because your name is missing from the Book of Life?


CALL TO REPENTANCE

The roll call in heaven is certain.

Today is the day of salvation.

Do not gamble with eternity, repent, turn to Jesus, and secure your place in the Lamb’s Book of Life.


PRAYER OF REPENTANCE

Heavenly Father,

I acknowledge that I am a sinner and cannot save myself. 

I repent of my sins and believe that Jesus Christ died for me and rose again for my salvation. 

Lord Jesus, come into my heart, write my name in the Book of Life, and help me to live for You until that glorious roll call.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.


POPULAR HYMN

When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder - James M. Black (1893)

When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound and time shall be no more
And the morning breaks eternal bright and fair
When the saved diverse shall gather over on the other shore
And the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there

Chorus:

When the roll is called up yonder
When the roll is called up yonder
When the roll is called up yonder
When the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there


REFLECTION SCRIPTURES 

  • Luke 10:20 – Rejoice, because your names are written in heaven
  • Philippians 3:20 – Our citizenship is in heaven.
  • Revelation 21:27 – Only those written in the Lamb’s book of life shall enter.
  • 2 Corinthians 5:10 – We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ.


TODAY’S CHALLENGE 

Examine your life in light of eternity.

If the roll were called today, are you ready to answer?

Share the gospel with at least one person this week, so their name too may be found in the Book of Life.


DEEP REFLECTION

  • Do I live each day with eternity in mind, or do I get distracted by temporary pursuits?
  • Is there anything in my life that would disqualify me from hearing “Well done, good and faithful servant”?
  • Am I actively pointing others toward salvation in Christ, or am I silent while souls are perishing?


CLOSING DECLARATION

When the roll is called up yonder, I will be there!

My name is written in the Book of Life through the blood of Jesus.

I will live each day with eternity in view, walking in holiness, love, and obedience until I see my Savior face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LIVING FOR THE ETERNAL INHERITANCE RESERVED FOR YOU

THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL September 15th, 2026 𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼 : LIVING FOR THE ETERNAL INHERITANCE RESERVED FOR YOU ANCHOR SCRIPTURE:...