THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL
August 20th, 2025
𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼:
IT IS APPOINTED FOR A MAN TO DIE ONCE!
KEY VERSE
“And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment.” – Hebrews 9:27 (ESV)
DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE
Life is fleeting.
No matter how wealthy, educated, or powerful a person becomes, death is an appointment every soul must keep.
We may not know the day or the hour, but the truth remains:
death is certain, and judgment follows!
This reality should stir us to live purposefully and to prepare our souls for eternity.
Many live as though life will continue forever, but eternity is only a breath away.
The question is not if you will die, but when, and more importantly,
where will you spend eternity?
Christ came to give us victory over the fear of death. Those who trust in Him pass from death to life, not facing condemnation but eternal joy.
ILLUSTRATION
A wealthy man once filled his mansion with treasures but neglected his soul.
He told his friends,
“I have years ahead to enjoy my life!”
That very night, he died suddenly, leaving behind all his wealth. His earthly treasures could not buy him another breath, nor save his soul.
This echoes the words of Jesus:
“What shall it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?” (Mark 8:36).
CALL TO REPENTANCE
Beloved, death is certain, but eternity with Christ is a choice.
Have you truly given your life to Jesus?
If you died today, are you sure where you would spend eternity?
This is the moment to repent and be reconciled with God before it is too late.
PRAYER OF REPENTANCE
Heavenly Father,
I recognize that my life is short, and death is certain.
Forgive me for living as though this world is all that matters.
Today, I repent of my sins and confess Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
Wash me with Your blood and write my name in the Book of Life.
Prepare me daily for Your coming, and help me to live in holiness until I see You face to face.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
REFLECTION SCRIPTURES
- Psalm 90:12 – Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
- Ecclesiastes 12:7 – The dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
- John 11:25-26 – Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me, though he die, yet shall he live.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:10 – For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ.
TODAY’S CHALLENGE
Examine your priorities.
What are you living for?
Choose one eternal investment today, whether it is prayer, forgiveness, evangelism, or showing love, and act on it.
DEEP REFLECTION
- If death called me home tonight, am I ready to meet my Maker?
- Am I living in such a way that glorifies Christ, or am I clinging to temporary pleasures?
- What legacy of faith am I leaving behind?
Remember:
Death is certain, but eternal life in Christ is sure for those who believe!
CLOSING DECLARATION
Today,
I choose to live with eternity in view.
I will not fear death, because my life is hidden with Christ in God.
My soul is secure, my heart is ready, and my hope is anchored in Jesus.
I declare: to live is Christ, and to die is gain!
No comments:
Post a Comment