DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE: BE YE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY!
God's call to holiness in a defiled world.
Reverent, Convicting, Redemptive!
KEY VERSE:
“But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: ‘Be ye holy, for I am holy.’” — 1 Peter 1:15–16 (KJV)
DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE:
Holiness is not a suggestion.
It is not a Sunday attitude.
It is a divine mandate.
God didn’t say, “Be nice.”
He didn’t say, “Be successful.”
He said:
“BE YE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY.”
Why? Because holiness is God’s nature — and those who belong to Him must reflect that nature.
But here’s the challenge:
We live in a world that has redefined holiness as legalism or irrelevance.
The result? A church that has grown comfortable in compromise, soft on sin, and casual with consecration.
ILLUSTRATION:
The Pure Spring
Imagine a mountain spring, clean, crisp, and untouched.
But as it flows downhill, it picks up filth, waste, debris, and mud, until what was once pure becomes undrinkable.
The same happens to our lives when we let the pollution of culture, the seduction of sin, and the noise of the world contaminate what God designed to be holy.
You can’t mix holiness with worldliness and still expect to walk in power.
CALL TO REPENTANCE:
Have you compromised your holiness?
-
In your thoughts?
-
In your speech?
-
In what you watch, wear, or entertain?
-
In your secret habits or public choices?
God is calling His people back, not to religion, but to relationship marked by reverence.
This is not about being perfect.
It’s about being set apart, distinct from the world, devoted to God.
Holiness is not a burden, it’s a blessing.
It’s the pathway to intimacy with God, authority in the Spirit, and purity of heart.
PRAYER:
LORD,
I repent for treating holiness lightly.
I’ve allowed compromise, comfort, and culture to dull my passion and purity.
Cleanse me, O God.
Set me apart once again.
Make me holy, not by outward form but by inner fire.
Empower me to live a life that pleases You.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
REFLECTION SCRIPTURES:
-
Hebrews 12:14 – “Without holiness no one will see the Lord.”
-
Leviticus 20:7–8 – “Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am the LORD your God.”
-
Romans 12:1–2 – “Present your bodies a living sacrifice... holy and acceptable...”
-
2 Corinthians 7:1 – “Let us purify ourselves... perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.”
TODAY’S CHALLENGE:
Take time alone and ask God:
“Where have I lost holiness?”
Write down what He reveals.
Then take practical steps:
-
End unhealthy media or relationships.
-
Set new boundaries for purity.
-
Restore your altar of prayer.
CLOSING DECLARATION:
"I will not be common.
I will not be carnal.
I choose to be HOLY,
as my Father is HOLY!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment