Friday, September 12, 2025

WE HAVE AN ADVOCATE WITH THE FATHER!

THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL 
September 12th, 2025

𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼:
WE HAVE AN ADVOCATE WITH THE FATHER!


KEY VERSE

“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.”1 John 2:1 (KJV)


DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE

When we stumble and fall, the enemy rushes to accuse us before God. But Jesus Christ, our Advocate, stands on our behalf.

His intercession is not based on our merit but on His finished work at Calvary.

To “advocate” means to speak in defense of another. Jesus defends us not with empty words but with His blood, which speaks better things than any accusation (Hebrews 12:24).

He is both our High Priest and Defender, standing before the Father, reminding heaven that the price for our sins has been paid in full.

This truth brings peace and boldness: we can approach the throne of grace, not hiding in shame, but standing forgiven, because our Advocate pleads continually for us.


CHARACTERISTICS OF JESUS AS OUR ADVOCATE

  1. Righteous Defender – He is “Jesus Christ the Righteous” (1 John 2:1).

  2. Merciful High Priest – He sympathizes with our weaknesses (Hebrews 4:14-16).

  3. Faithful Intercessor – He ever lives to make intercession (Hebrews 7:25).

  4. Sin-Bearing Lamb – He offered Himself as propitiation (1 John 2:2).

  5. Compassionate Friend – He calls us friends (John 15:15).

  6. Mediator of the New Covenant – He reconciles us to the Father (Hebrews 9:15).

  7. Restorer of the Fallen – He lifts us when we confess (Psalm 145:14).


ILLUSTRATIONS 

1. The Courtroom of Grace

A young man was caught in a crime he deeply regretted.

At the trial, his lawyer not only defended him but also paid the fine required by the court.

The judge declared him free because justice had been satisfied.

Lesson: Jesus doesn’t just argue for us, He paid the price with His own life so we can stand forgiven.


2. The Rescue Rope

A hiker slipped off a cliff and clung desperately to a ledge.

A rescuer lowered a strong rope, urging him to hold on as he pulled him to safety.

Lesson: Christ, our Advocate, reaches out to pull us from sin’s pit.

All we need is to trust His grip and let Him save us.


CALL TO REPENTANCE

Have you allowed guilt or condemnation to keep you far from God?

Are there sins you’ve hidden instead of confessing?

Jesus, your Advocate, is waiting with open arms.

Run to Him, confess, and receive mercy today.


PRAYER OF REPENTANCE

Lord Jesus,

I thank You for being my Advocate and Friend. 

I confess my sins and lay every burden of guilt at Your feet. 

Forgive me, cleanse me, and speak on my behalf before the Father. 

Help me walk in Your righteousness daily. 

Thank You for loving me beyond measure.

In Your name I pray, Amen.


REFLECTION SCRIPTURES

  1. 1 John 2:1-2 – My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. [2] And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

  2. Hebrews 7:25 – Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

  3. Romans 8:33-34 – Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. [34] Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

  4. Hebrews 4:15-16 – For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. [16] Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

  5. John 10:27-28 – My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. [28] And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

  6. Micah 7:18-19 – Who is a God like You, Pardoning iniquity And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in mercy. [19] He will again have compassion on us, And will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins Into the depths of the sea.

  7. Psalm 32:5 – I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” And You forgave the iniquity of my sin.


HYMN 

Before the Throne of God Above
Charitie Lees Bancroft (1863)

1. Before the throne of God above,
I have a strong, a perfect plea,
A great High Priest whose name is Love,
Who ever lives and pleads for me.
My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart;
I know that while in heaven He stands,
No tongue can bid me thence depart,
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

2. When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see him there,
Who made an end of all my sin.
Because the sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free,
For God the just is satisfied
To look on him and pardon me,
To look on him and pardon me.

3. Behold him there, the risen Lamb,
My perfect, spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I AM,
The King of glory and of grace.
One with himself I cannot die;
My soul is purchased by his blood.
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ, my Savior and my God,
With Christ, my Savior and my God. 


TODAY’S CHALLENGE 

Write down any lingering guilt or unconfessed sin.

Bring it before Jesus in prayer.

Thank Him for being your Advocate, and choose to walk in the freedom His intercession provides.


DEEP REFLECTION

How often do you run from God instead of to Him when you sin?

Remember, your Advocate is not waiting to condemn you but to defend and restore you.

Trust His mercy, confess quickly, and rise again.


CLOSING DECLARATION

I boldly confess that I have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, the Righteous.

My sins are forgiven, my guilt removed, and I stand justified by His blood.

I will live in freedom, knowing Christ intercedes for me daily.


PRAYER POINTS

  1. Lord, thank You for sending Jesus as my Advocate, in the name of Jesus.

  2. Father, I praise You for the victory of the cross and the blood that speaks for me, in the name of Jesus.

  3. Lord Jesus, forgive every sin I have committed knowingly or unknowingly, in the name of Jesus.

  4. Silence every voice of accusation against my life, in the name of Jesus.

  5. Strengthen me to confess and forsake sin quickly, in the name of Jesus.

  6. Help me to rest in Your finished work and not in my own efforts, in the name of Jesus.

  7. Lord, teach me to extend mercy to others as You have to me, in the name of Jesus.

  8. Let my confidence in Your advocacy grow daily, in the name of Jesus.

  9. Keep me standing firm in righteousness until the end, in the name of Jesus.

  10. Thank You, Father, for hearing the intercession of Your Son on my behalf, in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHEN GOD USES TRIALS TO REFINE YOUR FAITH

THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL September 21st, 2026 𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼 : WHEN GOD USES TRIALS TO REFINE YOUR FAITH ANCHOR SCRIPTURE: “Wherei...