Friday, August 8, 2025

WHEN YOU TARRY IN THE SECRET PLACE

DEVOTIONAL TITLE: WHEN YOU TARRY IN THE SECRET PLACE


KEY VERSE:

“He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”Psalm 91:1


DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE

There is a difference between visiting the secret place and dwelling there.

To dwell means to remain, to stay, to abide.

Many Christians come to God only when there is trouble or when they need answers, but the power, protection, and intimacy promised in Psalm 91 are for those who make the secret place their permanent address.

When you tarry in the secret place:

The noise of the world grows dim,

The voice of God grows clear, and

Your soul is refreshed.

In the secret place,

God births visions, gives divine strategies, and strengthens hearts that are weary.

It is here that you receive the courage to face battles, the grace to overcome temptations, and the wisdom to walk in victory.


ILLUSTRATION

A young shepherd boy would daily take his sheep to graze by the quiet hills.

One day, a storm came suddenly. While other shepherds ran with their flocks, he calmly led his sheep into a nearby cave where they were safe.

When asked later how he knew where to go, he smiled and said, 

“I have spent many days here before; I know the way.”

So it is with the believer who tarries in God’s secret place, when the storms of life come, they do not panic, because they have already been there, already heard His voice, already known His presence.


CALL TO REPENTANCE

Have you been living as a visitor in God’s presence instead of a resident?

Have you treated prayer and communion as an emergency exit rather than a daily dwelling?

The Lord is calling you back to the place of intimacy.

He longs for you to return, to abide, to live in the secret place where His peace and power are constant.


PRAYER OF REPENTANCE

Heavenly Father,

I confess that I have often run to You only in moments of need instead of dwelling with You daily.

Forgive me for neglecting the secret place.

Cleanse my heart, Lord, and restore my hunger for Your presence.

Draw me back into deep fellowship with You.

From today, I choose to abide in Your shadow, to live in constant communion, and to never depart.

In Jesus’ Name, Amen.


REFLECTION SCRIPTURES

  • Psalm 27:4 – One thing have I desired of the LORD…

  • John 15:4 – Abide in me, and I in you…

  • Isaiah 26:3 – Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace…

  • James 4:8 – Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you…


TODAY’S CHALLENGE

Set aside at least 30 minutes today to be alone with God without distractions.

No requests, no rushing, just worship, listening, and resting in His presence.

Write down what He impresses upon your heart.


CLOSING DECLARATION

I declare that I am a dweller, not a visitor, in the secret place of the Most High.

His presence is my home, His shadow my covering, and His voice my daily guide.

I will not be moved by the storms of life, for I abide under the Almighty’s wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LIVING FOR THE ETERNAL INHERITANCE RESERVED FOR YOU

THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL September 15th, 2026 𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼 : LIVING FOR THE ETERNAL INHERITANCE RESERVED FOR YOU ANCHOR SCRIPTURE:...