Monday, August 4, 2025

TRUST AND OBEY!

DEVOTIONAL TITLE: TRUST AND OBEY!

A timeless spiritual principle that brings us into alignment with God’s will.

KEY VERSE:

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.”
Proverbs 3:5–6 (NIV)

 

DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE:

In every season of life, whether filled with uncertainty, delay, or direction, God calls us to two things:

👉 Trust Him.

👉 Obey Him.

Trust is faith in His character even when you don’t understand His process.

Obedience is alignment with His command even when it’s uncomfortable.

But we often do the opposite: we trust our emotions, follow our logic, and delay obedience until it feels convenient. Yet obedience delayed is obedience denied.

Faith without obedience is empty profession. 

Obedience without trust is mere performance.

God wants both. And both lead to peace, favor, and direction.


ILLUSTRATION:

Peter Walking on Water (Matthew 14:28–31)

When Jesus invited Peter to walk on water, Peter had no map, just a command:

“Come.”

Peter trusted and obeyed, and he did the impossible, until he shifted focus to the storm.

The moment Peter stopped trusting, fear took over, and he sank.

Lesson?
Trust and obedience bring miracles.

Doubt and disobedience bring struggle.


CALL TO REPENTANCE:

Have you heard God’s instruction, but hesitated to obey?

Have you trusted your feelings more than God’s Word?

“Why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?”
Luke 6:46

It’s time to repent.

Trust Him again.

Obey Him fully.


PRAYER OF REPENTANCE:

Father,

Forgive me for the times I doubted Your voice and delayed Your commands.

I’ve leaned on my own understanding and feared what I couldn’t control.

I return today, to trust You fully and obey You completely.

Give me grace to walk by faith and courage to follow even when it’s hard.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.


REFLECTION SCRIPTURES:

  • John 14:15 – “If you love Me, keep My commandments.”

  • Deuteronomy 28:1–2 – “If you fully obey… all these blessings will come upon you.”

  • Psalm 37:5 – “Commit your way to the Lord… and He will act.”

  • Isaiah 1:19 – “If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land.”


HYMN:

Trust and Obey (John H. Sammis, 1887)

When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

Chorus:

Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

 

TODAY’S CHALLENGE:

  1. Ask God if there’s something He told you to do that you’ve delayed.

  2. Write it down, and act on it within 24 hours.

  3. Declare this daily:

    Lord, I trust You. 

    I will obey, even when I don’t understand.”


CLOSING DECLARATION:

“I am a child of God. 

I trust His Word. 

I walk in obedience. 

And I will see His promises fulfilled!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOUR ETERNAL INHERITANCE IN CHRIST

THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL September 14th, 2026 𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼 : YOUR ETERNAL INHERITANCE IN CHRIST ANCHOR SCRIPTURE “To an inherita...