THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL
August 30th, 2025
𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼:
THE JUDGMENT DAY!
KEY VERSE
“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.” – 2 Corinthians 5:10
DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE
The Judgment Day is not a myth; it is a divine certainty.
The Bible paints its characteristics vividly:
-
It will be universal (Romans 14:12 – “So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God”).
-
It will be final and decisive (Hebrews 9:27 – “It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment”).
-
It will be righteous (Psalm 9:7-8 – “He shall judge the world in righteousness”).
-
It will expose every secret (Ecclesiastes 12:14 – “God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing”).
-
It will separate the sheep from the goats (Matthew 25:31-34, 41).
On that day, no excuses, no bribes, no hiding. The Judge, Jesus Christ, will sit, and His Word will be the standard.
ILLUSTRATIONS
A student once skipped several classes and assignments, thinking he had time before the final exam. On the exam day, his ignorance and neglect were revealed, he was unprepared and failed.
So will it be on Judgment Day for those who neglect God’s Word, thinking there is still time.
A town had a corrupt judge who often let criminals go free. One day, a new righteous judge replaced him. Suddenly, criminals who once mocked the law trembled, for justice could no longer be delayed or bought.
Likewise, the Judge of all the earth will do right:
Genesis 18:25 - Far be it from You to do such a thing as this, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous should be as the wicked; far be it from You! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?”
Justice will finally prevail on Judgment Day.
CALL TO REPENTANCE
Are you living in readiness for that Day?
Or are you gambling with sin, hoping for tomorrow to repent?
Today is the day of salvation
2 Corinthians 6:2 - For He says: “In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
Don’t wait until the gavel falls.
PRAYER OF REPENTANCE
Lord Jesus,
I acknowledge that I am a sinner and that Judgment Day is certain.
Forgive me for every sin I have committed in secret and in open rebellion.
Wash me in Your blood and write my name in the Book of Life.
From today, I repent and turn from sin to righteousness.
Help me to live ready, awaiting Your return.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
REFLECTION SCRIPTURES
- Ecclesiastes 12:14 – God shall bring every work into judgment.
- Romans 14:12 – Everyone shall give account of himself to God.
- Matthew 25:31-46 – “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. [32] All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. [33] And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. [34] Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: [35] for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; [36] I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’ [37] “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? [38] When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? [39] Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ [40] And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ [41] “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: [42] for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; [43] I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’ [44] “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ [45] Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ [46] And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
- Revelation 20:11-15 – Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. [12] And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. [13] The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. [14] Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. [15] And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
- Hebrews 9:27 – It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.
POPULAR HYMN
Where Shall I Be
When judgment day is drawing nigh - Bob Wallis & His Storeyville Jazzmen (1899)
When judgement day is drawing nigh,
Where shall I be?
When God the works of men shall try.
Where shall I be?
When east and west the fire shall roll,
Where shall I be?
How will it be with my poor soul?
Where shall I be?
Chorus:
O where shall I be when the first
trumpet sounds,
O where shall I be when it sounds so
loud?
When it sounds so loud as to wake
up the dead?
O where shall I be when it sounds?
TODAY’S CHALLENGE
Examine your life today.
Write down one hidden sin or area of compromise.
Confess it before God and ask for strength to forsake it.
Share the gospel with at least one person this week, remind them of the coming judgment and Christ’s salvation.
DEEP REFLECTION
If Christ returned today, what would be revealed about your heart, your priorities, and your secret life?
Would you stand confident, or shrink in shame?
Live every day as if it were your last chance to prepare for eternity.
CLOSING DECLARATION
I am redeemed by the blood of Jesus.
My sins are forgiven, and my name is written in the Book of Life.
I will live in holiness and readiness for the coming Judgment.
On that Day, I will stand with the righteous and hear:
‘WELL DONE, GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT.’
PRAYER POINTS
- Lord, prepare my heart daily for Your coming judgment, in the name of Jesus.
- Deliver me from hidden sins and secret compromises, in the name of Jesus.
- Help me to live holy, blameless, and faithful in all things, in the name of Jesus.
- Give me boldness to share the message of salvation with others, in the name of Jesus.
- On Judgment Day, let my portion be with the sheep at Your right hand, not with the goats, in the name of Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment