THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL
August 16th, 2025
TITLE:
THAT I MAY KNOW HIM!
KEY VERSE
“That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death.” – Philippians 3:10 (KJV)
DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE
To know Christ is not just intellectual knowledge, it is a deep, personal, experiential relationship with Him.
Paul, despite his vast knowledge of the law, counted everything as loss compared to knowing Christ intimately.
Knowing Him means more than just hearing about Him on Sundays. It means walking daily with Him, understanding His heart, experiencing His power, and aligning our will with His.
True knowledge of Christ comes through relationship, not religion.
When you know Him:
- You experience the power of His resurrection – victory over sin, fear, and death.
- You share in the fellowship of His sufferings – standing firm in faith, even in trials.
- You are transformed into His likeness – living a holy and surrendered life.
ILLUSTRATION
A young prince once lived in a kingdom where everyone talked about the king’s wisdom and kindness. The prince heard countless stories, read books about the king, and even saw portraits of him. But he had never spent personal time with the king.
One day, the king invited him into the palace. As the prince sat and spoke with his father, he realized: “All I’ve heard before was true, but now I truly know him for myself.”
Many people know about Jesus, but few actually know Him personally.
True intimacy with Christ goes beyond church attendance, it requires:
Seeking Him daily
Spending time in prayer
Reading His Word, and
Obeying His voice.
CALL TO REPENTANCE
Have you been satisfied with just knowing about Christ without knowing Him personally?
Have you replaced intimacy with routine, or substituted relationship with religious activities?
Today, Christ is inviting you closer.
PRAYER OF REPENTANCE
Heavenly Father,
Forgive me for the times I have been content with surface-level faith.
I repent for chasing after other things more than seeking You.
Lord Jesus, I desire to know You more deeply, to walk with You, hear Your voice, and live in Your presence daily.
Draw me closer to You and transform me into Your likeness.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
REFLECTION SCRIPTURES
- John 17:3 – This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
- Jeremiah 9:23-24 – Let him who boasts boast in this: that he understands and knows Me.
- Hosea 6:3 – Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord.
TODAY’S CHALLENGE
Set aside at least 30 minutes today to seek God in personal prayer and Bible study, not asking Him for anything, but simply to know Him more.
Write down what He speaks to your heart.
CLOSING DECLARATION
Today, I choose to pursue intimacy with Jesus above all else.
I desire to know Him, love Him, and walk with Him daily.
His resurrection power is at work in me, His Spirit dwells in me, and His love surrounds me.
From this day forward, my greatest pursuit is THAT I MAY KNOW HIM!
No comments:
Post a Comment