Thursday, August 14, 2025

LET THY WILL BE DONE

THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL

August 14th, 2025


TITLE:

LET THY WILL BE DONE


KEY VERSE

"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."Matthew 6:10 (KJV)


DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE

Saying “Let Thy will be done” is not just a religious phrase, it is a posture of the heart. It means that we trust God’s plan more than our own ideas, timing, or desires.

Jesus Himself modeled this in Gethsemane when He prayed:

“Nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done” Luke 22:42 

Even in the face of the cross, He surrendered fully to the Father’s plan.

We often fear God’s will because it may seem to lead us into uncertainty or discomfort. But God’s will is always perfect, good, and aligned with His love for us (Romans 12:2). When we let His will take over, we open the door for His peace, guidance, and power to work in us.


ILLUSTRATION 

A child once wanted to build a tower with toy blocks. She stacked them high, but they kept falling.

Her father watched patiently and then offered to help. The little girl refused, saying, “I can do it!

After several failed attempts, she finally sighed and handed the blocks to her father.

In minutes, he built a beautiful and stable tower.

Many times, we are like that child, trying to build life on our own terms, failing repeatedly, yet reluctant to let God take control.

When we finally say “Lord, let Your will be done,” He builds something stronger, better, and more beautiful than we ever could.


CALL TO REPENTANCE

Have you been insisting on your own way instead of surrendering to God’s plan?

Have you been frustrated with His timing or resisting His leading?

Today, lay your desires, plans, and fears before Him and pray,

Lord, not my will, but Yours be done.”


PRAYER OF REPENTANCE

Heavenly Father,

I confess that I have sometimes trusted my own will above Yours. 

Forgive me for the times I have resisted Your direction and tried to take control. 

Today, I surrender my plans, ambitions, and desires to You. 

I believe Your will for me is good, perfect, and loving. 

Take charge, Lord, and let my life align with Your purpose.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.


REFLECTION SCRIPTURES

  • Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you… thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

  • Romans 12:2 – Be transformed… that you may prove what is that good, acceptable, and perfect will of God.

  • Psalm 143:10 – Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God.


TODAY’S CHALLENGE 

Think of one situation where you are struggling to trust God’s will.

Write a prayer of surrender about it and speak it out loud, giving it completely to Him.


CLOSING DECLARATION

Today, I release my grip on my own plans and surrender to God’s perfect will.

His ways are higher than my ways, His timing is better than my timing, and His plans are better than my dreams.

I will walk in His purpose with peace and trust.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LIVING FOR THE ETERNAL INHERITANCE RESERVED FOR YOU

THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL September 15th, 2026 𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼 : LIVING FOR THE ETERNAL INHERITANCE RESERVED FOR YOU ANCHOR SCRIPTURE:...