DEVOTIONAL TITLE: THE WORKS OF THE FLESH!
KEY VERSE:
“Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these… those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”
— Galatians 5:19–21 (ESV)
DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE:
There is a battle within every believer, the flesh versus the Spirit.
The flesh is the sinful nature that desires to rebel against God and pursue self-gratification.
Its works are evident: loud, destructive, and sadly, common in our world and even in the church.
The works of the flesh are not merely “mistakes”, they are active expressions of rebellion against God’s holiness.
They pull us away from His presence and chain us to things that destroy our soul.
When we tolerate the flesh, we silence the Spirit.
When we excuse our sin, we grieve the Holy One.
ILLUSTRATION:
Cain and Abel (Genesis 4)
Cain and Abel brought offerings to the Lord.
Abel’s offering came from a heart of faith and obedience.
Cain’s offering came from pride and selfishness.
When God accepted Abel and not Cain, jealousy, anger, and strife overtook Cain, works of the flesh, and he murdered his brother.
Even after God warned him:
“Sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it.” — Genesis 4:7
Cain refused to repent, and suffered the consequences.
The works of the flesh are crouching at the door of your life… will you let them in or crucify them?
CALL TO REPENTANCE:
Beloved, are you living under the influence of the flesh?
Is anger controlling your tongue?
Is envy driving your ambition?
Are secret sins like lust, bitterness, or division growing in the dark?
“Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.” — Galatians 5:24
The time to repent is now.
The time to crucify the flesh is now.
The time to walk in the Spirit is now.
PRAYER OF REPENTANCE:
Father,
I confess that I have allowed the works of the flesh to dominate areas of my life.
I repent of every sin, both hidden and public.
Forgive me for grieving Your Spirit and tolerating what You despise.
Cleanse me.
Crucify my flesh.
Fill me with Your Spirit, that I may walk in Your holiness.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
REFLECTION SCRIPTURES:
-
Romans 8:13 – “If you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.”
-
Galatians 5:16 – “Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.”
-
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 – “Do not be deceived… the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God.”
-
2 Corinthians 7:1 – “Let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit…”
TODAY'S CHALLENGE:
-
Ask the Holy Spirit to expose any work of the flesh hiding in your life.
- Confess it
- Renounce it.
- Replace it with a fruit of the Spirit.
-
Seek accountability and pursue holiness.
CLOSING DECLARATION:
“I refuse to walk in the flesh. I choose the Spirit!
I crucify every sinful desire!!
I am a temple of the Holy Ghost, I walk in righteousness and truth!!!”
No comments:
Post a Comment