Thursday, July 24, 2025

I WILL ARISE AND SHINE!

DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE: I WILL ARISE AND SHINE!

Rising above darkness through God’s glory


KEY VERSE:

“Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.”Isaiah 60:1 (NKJV)


DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE:

There comes a moment in life when you must stop waiting to feel ready and arise.

You don’t arise because everything is perfect.

You arise because God has spoken.

You shine because His glory rests on you, not because you feel worthy.

The call to “Arise and shine” is not passive.

It’s a command to awaken from slumber, to stand in purpose, and to become a vessel of God’s light in a dark world.

There comes a time when we must stop lying down in defeat, sin, fear, or complacency and ARISE.

God’s glory does not shine on those who stay buried in guilt or remain asleep in the dark.

He shines on:

those who get up,

those who respond to His call,

who take responsibility, and

who refuse to live any longer in spiritual slumber.


ILLUSTRATIONS:

The Sun After a Storm

After the storm clouds rage, the sun does not ask permission to rise.
It simply rises.

And everything changes.

Birds sing.

Flowers open.

Shadows flee.

The same is true of your life.

When you choose to rise with God, despite the darkness, your very presence becomes a signal of hope to others.


The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11–32)

The prodigal son wasted his life in wild living, ended up with pigs, and became spiritually numb. But then…

He came to himself and said… ‘I will arise and go to my father.’”Luke 15:17-18

He didn’t just feel sorry.

He stood up, turned around, and walked back home and his father RAN to meet him.

Repentance is not just regret, it's rising up and returning.


CALL TO REPENTANCE:

  • Have you been asleep in your faith?
  • Compromising with sin?
  • Neglecting prayer?
  • Hiding your light in shame or fear?

It’s time to arise. To shine again.

Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give you light.” — Ephesians 5:14

Let the Spirit of God break every chain of laziness, distraction, bitterness, and sin that keeps you down.

It's time to return to the fire of God’s presence.


WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT:

  • You may have fallen, but God still calls you to arise.

  • You may have been ignored, abandoned, or bruised, but now is your time to shine His glory.

  • You are not a reflection of your past, but a carrier of divine light.

  • Even if the world has counted you out, God’s Word counts you in.

You are not forgotten. 

You are chosen. 

You are radiant.


DECLARATION:

Today, I arise from shame, sorrow, and stagnation. 

I shine not by my strength, but by the glory of the Lord in me. 

I will no longer hide, fear, or shrink back. 

I will arise and shine for my light has come!”


PRAYER:

Father,

Today I choose to arise from fear, from failure, from hiding.

Let Your glory shine through me.

Lift every burden, break every chain, and use me to light up the darkness around me.

I receive Your strength. I receive Your calling.

I receive Your light.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.


REFLECTION SCRIPTURES:

  • Micah 7:8 – “When I fall, I shall arise…”

  • Matthew 5:14–16 – “You are the light of the world… let your light shine before men…”

  • Ephesians 5:14 – “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.”

  • 2 Corinthians 4:6“For God… made His light shine in our hearts…”

  • Romans 13:11 – “It is high time to awake out of sleep…”

  • John 8:12 – “I am the Light of the world…”

  • Isaiah 52:1–2 – “Awake, awake, put on your strength, O Zion…”


FINAL THOUGHT:

No matter your past, the shame, the silence, or the storm, it’s time.

The world may see brokenness, but heaven sees a light waiting to shine.

Arise, child of God.

Shine, for your light has come.


TODAY’S CHALLENGE:

  • Identify an area where you’ve laid down” spiritually or emotionally.

  • Speak the words aloud:

I WILL ARISE AND SHINE.
  • Write out one way you will walk in obedience and light today.


CLOSING DECLARATION:

“I arise from the ashes.

I arise from doubt and defeat.

The Light of Christ is upon me.

I will arise and shine for His glory!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOUR ETERNAL INHERITANCE IN CHRIST

THE WORDS OF TRUTH DAILY DEVOTIONAL September 14th, 2026 𝕋𝕀𝕋𝕃𝔼 : YOUR ETERNAL INHERITANCE IN CHRIST ANCHOR SCRIPTURE “To an inherita...